[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4503: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Modified Car Forum - The Uk Modified Network - View topic - Saxo VTR

Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Saxo VTR 

Saxo VTR
I got a Saxo VTR which is currently having a engine transplant so it looks in a very bad way, I didn't realise just how much work was involved in making it mid engined so im hoping by april(ish) it will be road legal after IVA testing, cant get pics uploaded yet but ill post pictures as it progresses.

Work ready to be done:
Customised wide arch blitz body kit
17" Wolfrace Katana 2
Cross-Drilled Brake Discs/Uprated pads
Custom suspension
Custom roll cage/space frame
Rear mounted H22A engine
Custom stainless exhaust
Cobra Monaco seats/harnesses
Green underbody led's

Future work:
Alarm/Immobliser
Window tints

Any ideas would be great trying to make it as unique as possible :D

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:06 pm

Saxo VTR 

Re: Saxo VTR
Not bothering with a new engine after all the work to move it to the middle?!

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Saxo VTR 

Quote:
Rear mounted H22A engine

It will have a JDM H22A which is approx 190bhp standard instead of a Citroen NFZ which is 90bhp :D

Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Saxo VTR 

Didn't notice that bit!

Should be meaty. You stripping it down or keeping it in a state of semi-sane?

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:27 am

Saxo VTR 

Theres not really a way of keeping it in a sane condition as half the floor pan has to be cut out and a complete new wiring harness has to be made and fitted along with front to rear water and fuel system so its easier just to completely strip and start from a basic shell on the bright side I dont have to take the windows out :D

Everyday I work on it I get more and more problems as honda/citroen dont really interact so everything is either having to be adapted or fabricated. At least most of it is stripped now and its starting going back together now.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Saxo VTR 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like hard work :) Should be worth it in the end although im a little worried how a shakey citreon will hold a honda lump

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:10 pm

Saxo VTR 

It is more hard work then I first thought :( but I got the idea from Z cars which fitted a K20 in the back and looks crazy but supposedly handles great so the crappy citroen should work ok with it as its only the shell surviving the conversion.

K20 Saxo
http://www.pistonheads.com/Gassing/topi ... ......with a difference&mid=0

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:17 pm

Saxo VTR 

The 1.6L VTR and VTS Saxo's were the best equipped, with both gaining rear disc brakes as opposed to drum brakes, and ABS as an optional extra on the VTR and standard on the VTS.

Few special models were released throughout the Saxo's life, most notably the "Open Scandal", a Saxo with a full length sliding canvas roof. Other special editions added certain extra's to the lower end model, such as sunroofs or PAS. Notable models are the Westcoast up to 1999 and the Furio to 2003, as they incorporated the standard Saxo bodykit found on the VTR and VTS with a more insurance friendly 1.4L engine.

Mon May 17, 2010 9:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]