[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Modified Car Forum - The Uk Modified Network - View topic - Refined Valeting/detailing

Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Refined Valeting/detailing 

Re: Refined Valeting/detailing
not a problem mate, to book that far in advance we'd need to sort out some kinda deposit so that i can keep my diary free for the date, especially if your after the works cos thats maybe a day or 2 stint.
thats something we can arrange though when you decide exactly what you want.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Advanced User
Advanced User

hi mate i can send u cash in a registered envelope. Or paypal ? And what would u suggest i wash the car weekly with meguires wash and wax and i also polish my car foutnightly. It has never been clay barred or anything. what would u suggest needs doing ?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:26 pm

paypal would be fine.
I would suggest getting 2 buckets or 1 if u already have one lol.
get a lambswool mitt, dodo juice do an excellent one - never use a sponge i dont know why they sell them for cleaning cars.
i think halfords do a zymol ph neutral wash use that and maybe a cheap wax to keep it going untill i get to it, most polishes nowadays have micro or nano abrasives which can if not used correctly enhance swirls further.
you should maybe look into a hard wax i think collinite are reasonably cheap and will last you for ages you really just want something for protection over the winter especially if its your daily driver lol, and dont kerb them alloys cos they will wax up nicely.

ill pm you tmoro details of deposit. take care.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Advanced User
Advanced User

I watched your video of the Mercedes and it absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to save my pennies for next year and then you to do mine!

Keep up the amazing work!!!

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:16 am

Advanced User
Advanced User

ah sorry i meant what work do u think my car will need if i wash it weekly polish foutnightly and wax us dodo juice purple haze. What would u suggest i get done by yourself. And the car has never been clay barred. Dan

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:22 am

dan it all depends on too many factors to be honest with you, alot of cars come from the dealership these days with swirls and scratches filled so the more you wash the more they show, alot of cars also come with overspray in some parts or even orange peel which is like tiny lumps on the paint.
I couldnt tell you unless i seen the car but to be honest if you are looking to prepare it for a show you are probably best getting a 1step paint correction done to ensure there is absolutely no defects that can rob the paintwork of its glory, every car i see no matter how old or new has a swirl mark or defect somewhere even if its straight out the dealership, - dealership valeters are notorious for leaving swirls and scratches.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 am

Advanced User
Advanced User

Hi mate no worries.

Im happy for you to look at the car prior if required. And also i'm having some things sorted in the body shop prior to you detailing it pal. I have got alot of shows planned 2011 soi will be good to get that done !! Can't wait for it doing bring on summer 2011 !!!

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:18 pm

What to do c2, is next time you wash the car get some light onto it and take a few close pictures, arches bonnets and rear quarter panels are where swirls are most likely found, email me a budget and ill knock up a taylored package.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Advanced User
Advanced User

Shweet will do get you the pics but Monday at the latest matey !

P.S bought a lambs ool wash mitt thanks for the tip !!

Dan

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi Refined valeting now has a facebook page, please add if you have facebook - search for Refined valeting.

Cheers

Cal

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2