[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Modified Car Forum - The Uk Modified Network - View topic - My New Toy ........

Forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 My New Toy ........ 
Advanced User
Advanced User

My New Toy ........
Hi Guys,

Sorry i haven't been online for ages been doing this ytou dont have to read but cool if you do so heres a story for you :)

Part 1 LAST MONTH
So the C2 is no longer been built and no more cash has gone on it for about 2 months and i've been looking as some of you know millions of different solutions and alternatives each one have a draw back and i have saved a couple of grand and want something to spend it on that I am going to enjoy !!

So I first thought get a track car. But due to space and me relizing that this is soally about power the cars i were looking at would need the thick end of 6k - 8k to be anywhere near the mark at there are other issues like we rally 13 weeks plus of the year my dad would be using the trailer etc.
So I looked / test drove many different road cars but i quickly came to the conclusion that I would just get board of them quickly and due to insurance etc i couldnt even buy what i want. Plus with a high powered car i would simply just get point easily so hat went out of the window.

In between all of this i have been karting once a week regualry at PPiK indoors at Leeds and loved every miniute for the last 12 weeks or so. I love the speed and the challenge that karting throws up !!! So my dad said lets go watch and see what i think bout doing that.

So I went to my local outdoor track Woobwell to watch the practise day and absolutly loved it. The karts are 3x faster that indoor ones and my class 177 Rotax. That is you plus the weight of a kart (81kgs - 84kgs) must weight 177 kgs minimum and i currently weigh 89 kgs so nearly there !!!. But as i have lost 5 stone 5 pounds since christmas i aim to be in the 162kg (the most popluar class) when i get into it.

Whilst I was there I met Mark Ward (Wardy) who runs a full racing outfit / team. And we were watching his boys winning 4 oout of the 6 classes. Me and my dad were really impressed with there set up and met Mark and showed our interest. Within half an hour iwasn a pro kart having a go in a closed practise session for beginers!!! WOW they are the fastest thing ever soooo much faster than indoor karts. I mean unberliveable !!!

Here are some figures to wet your appetite
0-60 4 secornds
top speed dependant on gearing but usually 105 - 120 mph FAST saying you sit approx 20mm from the floor
rev between 12,000 and 14,500 rpm
So today went to Woomwell for race day !! but before heat one they have a practise per class and a test for newbie drivers. To mine and my dads suprise Mark from MW Motorsport got a kart ready for me and i had a 10 miniute blast in a top spec Tonykart rotax kart. Absolutly awsome and without doubt the fastest thing ive ever been in and i really enjoyed it. So finalising a test day

http://mwkartracing.co.uk/ If your SERIOUSLY interested in karting and live in the north id highly reccomend giving them a call they are really friendly and have top class products / crew.

Im hoping that they can get me all set up in karting. Unfortuantly working with a high class team comes with a high class cost and i can't afford to pit with them as costs can reach £1k plus per weekend !! I want to learn from them as I am new into the sport and then once i have my licience etc I will be on my own with my dad tweeking all the settings / doing all the maintaince ourselves.

Part 2 YESTERDAY !!

LATEST !!! I have been searching for about aa month and finally found a kart at an awsome price !!

I've bought a rolling Kart Chassis as it was an absolute bargain been watrching ebay for ages and found the one!!!!

Tonykart EVR 2010 !!! rolling chassis with lots of etras tbh it just needs an engine and exhaust RESULT !!!

If any of you know karts these sell all day every day chassis for £1500 - £1800 I got this for an amazing price of £895 as he is giving up becuase he can't afford it so let it go dirt cheap as he's strap for cash. Was listed on ebay at £1150 but beat him down to £895 cash. I have the reciept was bought March 2010 rolling chasis £4200 lovley !!!
Im still in shock i got it for that price.

Right heres some pictures

Mag Alloy frame :)

So I am going to where i got my kart from in a couple of weeks and buying an engine for this beast.

Rotax Max 177 class im gonig to start in untill i loose another stone. Simple terms kart weighs 82kg's you and kart have to weigh 177kg's by the time I am racing #I will need to run with ballast because I will still be a bit too heavey for the 162 class that to be in. Same principle you and the kart must weigh 162 kg plus and if you weigh less you add lead weights etc.

So the engine spec. I am not going to a world championship spec engine as simple cant afford them at 6k and just not required to learn with. I am getting a very decent club spec engine.

Proven dyno times are very impressive for a clubman kart this is very good figures 29.38 bhp. But rember the kart only weighs 80kgs :P SO power to weight ratio is 367.27 bhp per tonne compared to my c2 which is about 50 bhp per tonne hahahaha
Also the engine on the dyno print out peaked well at just over 12,665 rpm but it can be altered for peak performance to rev to 14,500+ buit its just simply not required on the technical track at PFI where I will be racing.

THOUGHTS ????

Sat May 14, 2011 10:15 am

My New Toy ........ 
Moderation Team
Moderation Team

Re: My New Toy ........
One word dude: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I love karting, but I bet it is really something else at that level? :D

Sun May 15, 2011 7:15 pm

My New Toy ........ 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Without out doubt the fastest thing EVER !!! at a local track the top guy averages 50 mph and thats with 2 hair pins ;)

Tue May 17, 2011 6:08 am

My New Toy ........ 
Moderation Team
Moderation Team

:o :o :o :o holy crap! Haha!

Thu May 26, 2011 7:06 am

My New Toy ........ 
Advanced User
Advanced User

=D IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)